Full Day Course: Beginner Joomla Training Course
This course will help you get clear on the Joomla installation process, understand Joomla's core capabilities and most important extensions, and become familiar with Joomla configurations, functionality, and maintenance best practices. This class will be taught entirely in Joomla4.
Every student will also get:
- A one year subscription to OSTraining.com ($144/yr retail)
- A digital Copy of Joomla Explained (included in membership)
- Pre-registration $99 (Includes registration to full event)
- After April 8: $125 (Includes registration to full event)
- Introduction to the Joomla Beginner Class Viewed
- What is Joomla?
- How to Plan Your Joomla Site
- How to Install Joomla
- How to Navigate the Joomla Administrator Area
- The Joomla Content Workflow
- How to Create Categories
- How to Create Articles in Joomla
- Formatting, Tags and Images
- How to Link to Articles
- How to Link to a Category Blog
- How to Link to a Category List
- How to Use Featured Articles
- Finishing Up Our Menus
- How to Change the Article Options
- Understanding Joomla Extensions
- How to Manage Components
- How to Manage Modules
- How to Manage Plugins
- How to Manage Languages
- Introduction to the Joomla Extensions Directory (JED)
- How to Install Extensions via Install from Web
- Rod’s Top 15 Extensions
- What is a Joomla Template?
- How to Install a New Template
- How to Modify Your Template
- Site Cleanup
- How to Use the User Manager
- How to Manage User Registration
- How to Use Access Control
- Maintenance and Security
Your instructor will be Rod Martin. Rod has presented hundreds of Joomla trainings since 2011 and created most of the training videos available at Joomla.org.
Rod holds two masters degrees and has been training people how to do "things" for over 25 years. Originally from Australia, he grew up in Canada and now resides just outside Cincinnati, Ohio. He has worked in both the non-profit and for-profit worlds, in small companies and large corporations. Rod plays ice hockey a couple of times a week and rides his Goldwing motorbike pretty much everywhere he can.