Every Saturday, Joomla enthusiasts gather online and help fix Joomla bugs of the next releases. This spin off of the Pizza, Bugs & Fun events which used to take place pre-Covid all over the world is now a familiar online place where Joomlers meet and exchange about different aspects of the Joomla project.
YOU CAN be part of the fun and help improve Joomla.
The next major release of Joomla is around the corner. Do you want to help and spare some time? YOU CAN. No need to be a developer, there are many ways you can help:
- create or translate the Joomla documentation,
- translate Joomla itself,
- test patches that have been put in place by the developers who supplied bug resolutions,
- and of course, fix bugs!
So are you an Explorer, an Adventurer or a Conqueror? Find out at Bugs & Fun @Home.
For this session, you will be provided with a test site you can run patches on.
However, you do need a GitHub account prior to the session. If you don't have one, please create one at GitHub.com.
You are not required to attend the whole session; you can pop in and out!
Resources for the session
- Joomla! Documentation
- Beginners Tutorial Project
- Terms of Service
- Bugs and Fun @home webpage
- Bugs and Fun
- Communicating with the team on Glip
- Documenting Joomla
- Volunteer team
- Contributing information
- Create an account
- Maintenance tasks
- Joomla 4 to-do list (+ examples of great tutorials
- Translating Joomla
- Quick start guide
- Localization @ Crowdin.com
- Testing and Reporting bugs
- How to report a bug
- Open an issue on GitHub
- Open an issue at the Tracker
- Testing patches
- Create an account at Github.com
- Joomla nightly builds
- Patch Tester documentation
- Downloading the Patch Tester extension
- Issue tracker
Hosting for our test instances is generously provided by Rochen.
Rochen supplies exceptional hosting and is Joomla's own service provider!